I love Netflix. One of the shows that I’m watching on it is Lost. The first season of Lost was the start of a huge adventure. I absolutely loved it. It was exciting. It kept me guessing. And there were loads of literary references.
- Walkabout, the fourth episode of season one, features Jack asking Kate, “Tell me something, how come every time there’s a hike into the Heart of Darkness you sign up?”
- The fifth episode, was titled White Rabbit after Alice in Wonderland.
- During the flashback to Charlie’s life did you notice a similarity between him and Eddie from The Dark Tower, Book 2?
- At one point Kate finds Sawyer reading Watership Down.
- Speaking of Sawyer reading, Hurley commented on Sawyer’s reading glasses, “Dude, looks like someone steamrolled Harry Potter.”
- In the 17th episode Sawyer states, “Folks down on the beach might have been doctors and accountants a month ago, but it’s Lord of the Flies time, now.”